Sunday 21 May 2017

Inspiration comes in strage forms.....

I've got a fun card to share today that was inspired by one of my all time favourite TV shows - The Big Bang Theory!   When I saw Sheldon's t-shirt in this seasons penultimate episode it really kick started my mojo.


The galaxy broken into cubes instantly made me think of the MFT Large Grid stencil so I wanted to play at making my own broken galaxy with it.


I started with a sheet of black card and secured the stencil with a few bits of washi tape before applying two colours of nuvo embellishment mousse from Tonic Studios - here I used Persian Red and Citrus Green.  I put them in opposite corners and did a little mingling in the middle.  With the stencil still in place I then added a few splats using the amazingly sparkly metallic shimmer sprays from Altenew and a few white splats using the Hero Arts unicorn white spritz (I opened them up and used the tube to splat rather than spraying with all of them)  I added a few little pinches of glitter too which sticks to the wet paste.

At this stage you remove the stencil and wash it before all the paste dries and then leave the piece to dry thoroughly (around a couple of hours minimum but overnight is safest depending on the thickness of your paste)

I trimmed it down to fit a standard card and then stamped and coloured some images from MFT's Out of This World set to keep with the theme and added a sentiment made up from a couple of sentiments in that same set.

I hope this inspires you to look for inspiration in slightly different places!



NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be a quieter week for deliveries this week which will give us chance to catch up on ordering some more items we're behind on.

We do however expect a restock from Kuretake with more of the new pearly colours paints as well as more pens.

We also have a very exciting new addition to the Design Team - our new team mate will be making her debut on Thursday so do make sure you stop by then to find out who it is ;-)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Loving the effect of the vibrant Nuvo mousse colours - what an eye catching card! Great way of taking inspiration from one space into another and a fabulous end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab background- I love that green coloured mousse! I have a ton of new goodies from your store to play with, but am frustrated that I have other things that have to be done first. I'm itching to try out my new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, so fun Tara! I honestly think that Sheldon's t-shirts are an inexhaustible source of inspiration. I stopped counting the times I've thought of a concrete card design when I saw one of these fashion desasters ;o) . Unfortunately, I haven't realised one yet. I should revisit some of the episodes to brush up my ideas. Your take on Sheldon's t-shirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team