Monday 29 May 2017

Birthday Dress

Hi there, Jenny with you this Bank Holiday Monday..... I hope the summery attire on my card doesn't curse the weather too much!!! I was in need of a girly birthday card so I decided to ink up the Heatwave Stamp set from Waffleflower... another fab layering stamp set to play with :)


I love teal and black together.. so striking and almost retro when mixing it with off white neutrals.
I started by layering the dress and shoes, they are really quite easy to line up, and stamped the glasses too which I turned into sunglasses with black and teal coloured markers. 



I decorated a card base using a couple of borders from the Pattern Play stamp set, I took my inspiration for this from an item of my own clothing... I think it makes a fun background :) 

To make the clothing stand out on the card base I used the Doily Square die to make a matt and cut the word 'Birthday' into it using MFT's Bottlecap letters... love the pattern showing through the blocky letters :)  I added 'Happy' which is stamped in the same teal ink onto a Sentiment Strip because I didn't have the right coloured embossing powder to match the natural card base!!

        
        

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the colours and layering! That's an awesome dress stamp. But... yes, you did curse the weather LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black,white and teal match very good. It is a wonderful Card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team