Wednesday 10 May 2017

From Meow To You - cat card with a surprise!


Hi everyone, it's Esther here to show you a cat card with a surprise using My Favorite Things Cool Cat


This design works best with a side fold card base rather than top fold, because the surprise is the miniature ball of wool, and you want that to hang straight down. 

On my card base, I positioned and stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things Cool Cat.

I layered a panel die cut with Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles and stamped with the paw print from MFT Cool Cat with a frame made from three layers of fun foam and a layer of grey card stock die cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames

I stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and die cut with the matching dies a cat, cat bed and food bowl from MFT Cool Cat and adhered them to the panel and frames.

Finally, I made a miniature ball of wool, used a needle to thread its tail end through a small gap in the fun foam layers of the frame, and adhered the end securely on the back of the panel. The entire panel was then stuck to the card base.


That's it from me this week - thanks for looking!


         

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! I love the tiny ball of wool - what a clever and fun idea!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an avid knitter I love the idea of combining yarn and card making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balls of wool are so fun to make :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team