Friday 12 May 2017

Olde Worlde Bear and Bird.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm going vintage...



... by no-line colouring the delightful Bear and Bird from Waffle Flower in a whole array of brown and beige tones.


I love this effect and thought it would work perfectly with this Bear and Bird set.  I had tried it out using Copics and Watercolours before, so this time I opted to use colour pencils and I not only really enjoyed the process, but also the outcome.


It was a very simple card to make.  I started by stamping out my images in a pale ink so my colour pencils would hide the stamped line.  The beauty of this set is that, not only is it sweet and adorable,  the arches of foliage are already placed together on stamps so it looks like you're placement is amazing and has took you ages, but really...you cheated!  I mean who doesn't love a shortcut :)
Once I had stamped my scene, I coloured the entire thing using coloured pencils in a whole load of browns, beige, and sepia to give this 'olde worlde' vintage look, making one exception for the heart as I thought it would look cool to add one pop of colour.  To finish the effect I created an ink blend across the whole of my card panel, concentrating stronger colours on the edges to create a distressed look.


I stamped my sentiment onto my banner and clear heat embossed, mounted the whole thing onto a dark brown card base, and there you have it.
An olde' worlde' Bear and Bird.


I really hope you like both the card and the effect.

The Bear and Bird set I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jill

Bear & Bird



















2 comments:

  1. Oh my, vintage perfection <3 This is STUNNING! The coloured pencils have created such a lovely "smooth texture" feel, if that makes sense, and the ink ageing of the edges of the panel is beautifully done. Loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colouring too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team