Wednesday 24 May 2017

Altenew Extra Special card using Kraft


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a card using Altenew Extra Special and Kraft card stock for a warm, neutral look.


I know I've become a bit obsessed with this stamp set (it's something about those vintage lines!) and I promise to move on to something different next week ;-)

For this card, I stamped the main floral image and its layers using water-based dye inks, and die cut it out using the matching dies.

I then stamped a background panel using My Favorite Things Distressed Stripes Background Stamp and Versamark on Kraft and die cut it out using one of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles.


I mounted this panel onto a wider white card base, and added the word "wonderful" from Concord and 9th Wonderful Words Die using white card stock and white fun foam for dimension. I tucked "you're" underneath stamped from Mama Elephant Labeled Messages. I then added the floral die cut, letting it pop off the side and top of the card slightly for a looser and more informal look.


That's all for this week - thanks for visiting and have a great few days until we reach the weekend!


          

4 comments:

  1. Esther this is stunning! I love this warm and some vintage look and I will try it also. This Brown lines on the craft paper are only made with versamark?xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria! Yes, just Versamark. It's great because it stamps a shade darker than the surface you use it on, so if you stamp it on pink card stock you get a dark pink, and so on x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Esther :D, because my speech is German I am not always sure if I have understood all.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team