Monday 8 May 2017

Stencilled Celebration

Hi there, Jenny here again :)

I've had a run of male birthdays to make cards for recently and we all know how tricky they can be
so for this particular card I reached for the new Celebration Words Stencil by Hero Arts....


I was trying to decide on a colour ink to use when I spotted a scrap of navy cardstock.... 'ting!!'... lightbulb moment.... I'll use white ink through the stencil instead, I love how it takes on a tone on tone look because the dark card makes it appear pale blue :)

I used the stencil at an angle so I could get most of the word 'CELEBRATE' on the narrow scrap and when it had dried I adhered the panel to a white card blank. It just so happens that the Sketchy Thoughts stamp set from Winnie & Walter has lots of sentiments in the same 'paper cut' style font so I used a Lawn Fawn speech bubble die and navy ink to make a focal point for my card. 

I felt a trio of shimmering stars would be an acceptable embellishment for a guys card.... I was quite pleased with the result and it was quick to make too :)
                           

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use white ink on navy card stock! It's a fab look and reminds me of vintage posters with that cool lettering. The W&W sentiments were a lucky find - they really do go perfectly! Super card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this card! That W&W set is a must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of making 'guy' cards as I find them tricky but this is really cool and effective :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team