Tuesday 23 May 2017

Elphie Selfie Baby Box Card Pop Up

I've been having great fun with the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card Pop Up die set. Today I'm sharing a new baby card I made using it.


I thought I'd first share a tip I've discovered from making several of these box pop up cards.

The box card pop up die will fit on 6x6 paper, but remember you'll need two die cuts to create the box so two sheets of the same patterned paper. If you use 6x6 papers, you may want double-sided so there is some pattern or colour on the inside of the box. If you're not worried about that, any 6x6 papers will do. 

On to my card, I die cut two box pieces from a 12x12 piece of patterned paper I had in my stash of supplies. I die cut three tabs and added grassy hills to each before putting the box together. 


Next I stamped, coloured and die cut lots of images from the Lawn Fawn Elphie Selfie stamp set. I added these to the tabs with strong adhesive tape. 

I used some thin strips of acetate to attach the bird and one of the balloons. This is a fun trick to give the illusion that they are floating. 


The scalloped box card pop up die set comes with a great banner and different pennants to add to it. I used these to add a personalised banner to the card.

To finish, I added a card panel to the box card with a heat embossed sentiment on it, made up from greetings in the Lawn Fawn Elphie Selfie and Altenew Oriental Orchid stamp sets.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card Pop Up
Lawn Fawn Elphie Selfie


MFT Grassy Hills

C&9th Perfectly Penned
Altenew Oriental Orchid


1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable, Gemma! What a fantastic die set, and your colouring of the elephants is perfect. Loving the floating bird and balloon too. Gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team