Monday 7 May 2018

Be a Little Shellfish

Hello, Gemma here on a Monday as I've swapped days with Jenny this week.
This sentiment makes me laugh every time I see it! The Year Six stamp set is another great mini set from Lawn Fawn.


For my card today, I began by cutting square card base, along with a square piece of card the same size. From that, I cut out a MFT peek-a-boo circle window

I blended blue ink onto vellum, then cut it with some MFT ocean wave border dies to get two vellum waves. On another piece of vellum, I used a lighter blue ink to create a sky area.

I layered these onto the card base so they would show through the peek-a-boo window. For a sand bank, I die cut a piece of yellow watercolour paper with a Lawn Fawn stitched hillside border die, then layered this onto the card base too.


I added lots of foam tape behind the card panel, then attached it to the card base. Then I added the shellfish with foam tape too, and a little fish from the Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh stamp set in amongst the waves. Both are coloured with alcohol markers and Wink of Stella glitter. I also added some white gel details to the shellfish.

At this point, I realised that I'd forgotten to add the sentiment! Luckily, a stamp positioner helped me to stamp it without making a mistake.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma



1 comment:

  1. Goodness Gemma, how did you manage to get so much cuteness in such a small space?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team