Monday 28 May 2018

Out of the Box Ocean Scenes

Hello hello... yay it's Bank Holiday Monday... fingers crossed for a sunny one too!!

Today I have a couple of cards using the Ocean Add-Ons for the Lawn fawn shadow box but neither are a shadow box!!! Come and see....



The die set contains a great scalloped frame with a stitch detail to the outside which can be used on a card front to fame your scene. For the first card above, I used a spare piece of water-coloured card from another project to place behind the aperture and then coloured the underwater plants and clam with distress inks. I arranged them along the base of the scene and stamped a school of fish, from Avery Elle's Sea-prise, on the background. The shark is from Waffleflowers Tiger & Lily stamp set... I love how he's swooshing into the scene :)



I challenged myself to use other dies in the set for a second card... the waves and the whale.
I cut both waves in blue card and decided to leave the tabs on and curve them on the card base for some dimension.



As you can see from the photo below I had to cut one of the waves slightly shorter and make a new score line and tab so I could layer the waves.


Before adding them to the card base I sponged Limestone ink through the Carta Bella Shiplap stencil for a striped nautical feel. After layering the waves I added the whale which is coloured with distress inks and gave him a watery squirt from his blowhole by using the piece of coral from the die set.
You can see in the photo that the waves are lavishly covered with a glitter pen but it looks better in real life. The sentiment is from Avery Elle's Splash stamp set.

This card is either a 'deliver by hand' or will need a box to send it in but you could easily adjust the height of the dimension depending on where you adhere the waves on the card base.

I think this is a great standalone die set and I didn't even use the banner which is another useful shape and it's fun to use it alongside other stamp sets in your stash too :)


                   

                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team