Wednesday 9 May 2018

Sympathy Bouquets

Tallie here and a Happy Wednesday to you!

This week's set of cards uses the beautiful Altenew Blooming Bouquet stamp set. I set aside a couple of hours and just had some fun with my watercolours. Sympathy cards are never the easiest but at least these are beautiful, right?


I started out with four A6 watercolour panels, clear heat embossing the large floral arrangement in the centre of the panels. I selected a bright palette from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours, starting with the blue background and filling in the panels. I used multiple layers to build up the depth of colour, slowly adding less water each time.


For two of the panels I chose reds and pinks, using vibrant yellows and complimentary purples on the other two. Two different greens helped to finish off the leaves in the arrangement.

I splattered some of the same colours onto the background for added interest and to break up the white space.


I finished off by white heat embossing the sympathy sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set onto thin strips of black card stock. A few clear sequins finish off this set nicely.

Change out the sentiments and this set of cards can be birthday, thank you or Mother's Day cards.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team