Tuesday 8 May 2018

Comfort Foods

When I saw the Alphabet Soup stamp set from Hero Arts, it immediately made me think of Heinz Alphabetti which was always on the menu if I was off school feeling poorly..... the same with my two when they were growing up, so naturally I had to make a 'Get Well Soon' card...


I started by masking off a frame around the edge of my card front before stamping the images, I stamped the letters in Peach Bellini ink so they didn't have a dark outline. I've used Polychrome pencils to do all the colouring and drew in my own checked pattern tablecloth too. After removing the mask I used a grey pencil to add a border and that's my one layer card finished.


To show how versatile this set is I've made a another card featuring the cup and alphabet.....


The cup or mug works just as well for coffee and the alphabet has many uses including making your own text backgrounds as you can see here. I started by drawing faint guide lines with pencil and then stamping the letters out to make a coffee words backdrop in Altenew's Evening Grey ink. The cups are stamped in marker friendly ink and I've used Copics to turn them into Latte's.


I've cut them out and adhered them to the background along with a sentiment from Label Love.

I hope these two cards show how useful this stamp set is with a great alphabet and separate bowl and cup stamps.... I also think you could turn the bowl into a Pizza on a plate and you get a mushroom slice included in the set too! The best news is that Alphabet Soup is on sale too... just click on the image below to find it in store.

                 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team