Wednesday 16 May 2018

You're One Smart Cookie!

Hello, Tallie here, bringing you some scholarly inspiration this sunny Wednesday!

The end of the school year is rapidly approaching and this card was two challenges in one. Firstly, I needed a graduation card. Secondly, I needed a masculine graduation card. Teaming some Lawn Fawn Paper Bag cardstock with the Smart Cookie stamp set and Scripty Congrats die solved my problem!


Starting with an A2 piece of Paper Bag cardstock, I stamped out the cookie repeatedly in Versamark Ink and clear heat embossed. Using some Vintage Photo and Ground Expresso Distress Ink, I watercoloured the heat embossed images, using the darker shade to add some depth. Whilst that was drying I stamped out some scrolls and made a graduation cookie, masking off the hat and adding some glasses. I used more of the same Distress Ink, adding in some Black Soot for the hat. I used my Scan N Cut to cut out the figures but there are coordinating dies available.


I cut out the background using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Frames. I also cut an additional two frames from white cardstock so I could stack them onto the card base for some dimension.

I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle die to cut out a circle, stamping and heat embossing the sentiment from the set in the centre. I also inked this up around the edges with the Distress Ink, using some foam tape to adhere the cookie and scrolls in the centre.


I cut out the Scripty Congrats die from some more Paper Bag cardstock and twice more from some white cardstock, stacking them to create some dimension. There's a lot of the same colour cardstock so the dimension will help to distinguish between the elements. I inked up the top layer with some more Distress Ink, adhered to the background under the central element and added a layer of Glossy Accents.

And there you have masculine graduation card!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team