Monday 14 May 2018

Layered Fushias

Do you have a favourite flower? It's hard to choose but I think Fuchsias have to be up there amongst my top five!! With so many colour combinations and flower shapes it will be fun colouring up this beautiful Fuchsia stamp from Avery Elle...


I have used Inktense pencils to paint these leaves and flowers after stamping the image on watercolour card. I used the matching die to cut them out and then fussy cut a few extra flowers and leaves from a second image to layer over the first.


Some of the petals were fiddly to cut but definitely worth it for the finished result.
The thin frame is from Concord & 9th's Just Because die set... I think it helps to place the image so it's not just floating in the white space, before adhering the frame I sponged on bundled Sage distress ink to break up the white.

The sentiment is from MFT's Handwritten happiness.... did you spot the boo-boo?? Yep I accidentally touched the stamp to the card whilst hovering and deciding on placement so I just used a pen to touch up the lines and make it look part of the swirly font design!! Phew 😉

  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully coloured fuschias and love the matching die, your mishap was NOT noticed LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team