Thursday 3 May 2018

I Love You Watercolour Stencilled Flowers Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I love the look of a faded, vintage floral. There's just something so dreamy and romantic about it. But it can often be tricky to create such a look if you're using stamps!

Enter stencils then! Specifically the Altenew Watercolor Bouquet Stencil. This beauty is far more versatile than it looks and I couldn't wait to attempt a faded floral look with it:


Pretty right? I love how this turned out!


I held my stencil in place over my card panel and used some watered down ink colours to paint the layers of the flower and leaves. I sometimes added a couple of layers of colour to have a wonderful blended look!


I dried my panel with a heat tool then used the detailed side of the stencil to add a second layer of colour to the flowers and leaves. It's such a pretty, understated look with just the right level of romance and vintage!


I splattered on some watered down ink to complete the inked/watercolour look. Just that one detail adds some more more life to the card!


The sentiment is from the Altenew More Than Words stamp set. I selectively inked the sentiment so that only the main sentiment showed!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Stunning card as always Taheerah. I must admit I didn't quite 'get' the stencil but I can see how it works now. Thanks for sharing your creation. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team