Tuesday 15 May 2018

Inspired by the May Challenge


My card today is inspired by the May challenge over on the SHC VIPs Facebook group. I love the inspiration photo with the rainbow colours and bold sentiment. 


I began by working on the background. On a white card base, I repeatedly stamped an image from the Flora and Fauna Texture Two stamp set. I used a rainbow selection of distress oxide inks, trying to vary the length of the stamping to add interest.

For the sentiment, I die cut the word ‘celebrate’ several times from black card, using the Altenew Simple Alphas die set. I love the font and size of this alphabet set.


I layered three of each letter together to create some dimension. On the top layer, I added some sparkle with the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

Next, I cut a rectangle piece of vellum and used my grid mat to space out the letters as evenly as possible. I adhered the letters to the vellum, and then the vellum to the card.


Finally, I added a layer of glossy accents to each letter. I’ll admit that this step was a bit messy as I’m not the best with glossy accents. I always seem to put my finger in it! I think it turned out alright this time and I love how it accentuates the glitter on the letters.

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you’ll feel inspired to join in with the competition too. 
Gemma




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team