Saturday 12 May 2018

You're So Cool Ice Lolly Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Saturday!

We recently had a wonderful spell of hot weather in the UK which left me dreaming of Summer. Of course we're back to the same dreary cold and wet weather now, which means I'm yearning for the sun even more!

Summer conjures up all sorts of nostalgic memories, not least of which is the ice-cream van and all its delicious treats! I'm usually a 99 ice-cream girl, but sometimes you just want a refreshing ice lolly to cool you down instead. And so when I saw the ice lolly image from the Reverse Confetti Hey Sugar stamp set, I just knew I had to put it to use:


Pretty mouthwatering right? I love how this turned out!


I stamped the ice lolly 5 times with Antique Linen Distress Ink so I could do some no-line watercolouring. Perfect for this theme!


I watercoloured the lollies using Distress Inks and a wet on wet technique. It was so fun giving each of them a different look! Once I had dried my card panel I added the sentiment using Versafine Ink and that's all there is to this baby!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team