Thursday 10 May 2018

Father's Day Card

Hey stampers, Anni here swapping for Taheerah today!

Overhere in Germany last Thursday was Father's Day. My father a pensioner and he is always searching for exciting projects he can work on. At the moment (and through the year) he is gardening, especially a raised bed. So I thought Altenew's Garden Grow was the perfect set for a card for him.


I started by stamping the plant pot with the basil and the snail onto white cardstock in a light shade of brown. I chose this light ink because I wanted to do some no line coloring.

As my colouring medium I chose coloured pencil. These are my prefered medium for no line colouring as I find it makes it easier to the details.
For no line colouring it is important to make the shadows really dark and the lighter areas really light to define the shape.


When I finished up the colouring all there was left to do was to stamp the sentiment (this one is from Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy and to assemble the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day.
Anni


      

1 comment:

  1. I thought Father's Day in Germany was always celebrated on Ascension Day (i.e. today)?
    Anyway, love your card, and I'm in awe of your colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team