Friday 28 April 2017

Making a Splash on an inky sea.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm making a sweet birthday splash...


...using My Favourite Thing's adorable, 'Soak up the fun'.


I started by stamping out and colouring these cheeky little monkeys in their cute little banana boat using Zig Clean Colour Pens then fussy-cut, using a scalpel to get to the inner parts.  The 'Soak The Fun' set these fun guys are from is so brilliant, absolutely jam packed with adorable critters and creatures!  I then moved on to creating my background.  I knew I wanted them bobbing about on the sea, but I don't have any wave stamps or dies in my stash, so instead, I cut the cloud border from Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio Creative Cuts from some thick card, turned it upside down to use as a mask, and softly blended a few different blues to create a nice wavey background, adding a few flicks and splashes of ink for extra interest.


I loved how my background turned out but wanted my boat to be behind a wave as oppose to just sitting on top, I also, however, wanted to keep as few layers as possible, so instead of adding extra bulk, I simply cut around one of the waves with a scalpel, and slotted my little monkey filled fun boat behind :)


My sentiment is stamped directly onto my card front in black ink and clear embossed.  I then added a couple of cute balloons to give a little extra oomph and an added pop of colour.  My balloons are from My Favourite Thing's Somebunny set, stamped out, coloured using Zig's, and fussy-cut.  I then added string from the monkeys to the balloons just for a little added cute.


I'm really happy with how this card came out, and think these little monkeys are cute enough to put a smile on anyone's face and fun enough to make a splash on anyone's birthday!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Soak Up The FunLandscape Trio Creative Cuts Image 1Somebunny Image 1

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)






1 comment:

  1. Wow, your waves are FANTASTIC! What a great way of creating them and they really do look like splashy sea water. Love how the boat is tucked behind one, and the monkeys are adorable (and beautifully coloured). So much to love in this card <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team