Wednesday 13 December 2017

Cheeky Little Elf

Hello and happy Wednesday!

We've definitely seen the wintry weather here this week so I have one more Christmas card to share with you this year. My card today features this cheeky little elf from the Avery Elle Elf-Tacular set (which just so happens to be on sale now if you want to grab yourself a bargin)! If any of you still are in that last minute panic, this might be a good design to reproduce multiples of. It's also a good design to give to a male relation, friend or colleague.



I started out with an A6 white card base and stamped the MFT Bold Diagonal Stripes Background using some Lawn Fawn Jalapeno ink. This is a wonderfully festive bright green and I love the texture when I stamp on my slightly rougher card stock.

Setting aside to dry, I stamped out the cheeky little elf hiding in his present from the Elf-Tacular set in some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink so I could colour him in with my alcohol markers. I stuck to festive shades of green and red, with some light browns for the box. I then cut him out with the coordinating dies.

I chose one of the MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circles that centered the elf perfectly. and cut it out of some Chilli Pepper cardstock. I also trimmed down a thin strip of Black Licorice cardstock so I would have something to mount the circle to the background. A little bit of foam tape helped the little elf pop in the centre of the card.



Don't you just wish you could find a cute little helper elf in one of your presents on Christmas Day?

Thanks for reading along. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and I'll see you back in the New Year!

Tallie

    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team