Wednesday 23 May 2018

Get Well Soon Bear

Hello, Tallie here!

I have a simple one layer card today, featuring the gorgeous Bear & Bird set from Waffle Flower. I've seen some wonderful inspiration using this set but today I kept it simple with some watercolours.


I started off by stamping the main characters from the set onto the centre of a piece of watercolour cardstock that was slightly bigger than a standard A6 panel. I used Versafine Black Onyx ink and clear heat embossed to give a raised edge to the design. I then created a mask from some Post-It Notes and proceeded to stamp some of the greenery from the set in a circular design around the main characters. I centred the greeting directly underneath.


Next came the fun part! After sticking my panel down to board with some painter's tape, I painted a simple wash over the background using a turquoise blue from my Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolours. After several layers I then filled in the other pieces, making sure the bear and bird were the brightest in hue so they stood out in the centre. Once dry, I put the mask back over the main characters and splattered on some of the colours in the background to give some more interest to the background.


A simple but fun card to cheer up anyone who is feeling under the weather!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team