Tuesday 22 May 2018

Monster Pivot Pop-Up

Today I'm sharing a monster pivot birthday card, which I made for my nephew.



I began by stamping and colouring lots of images from the Lawn Fawn Monster Mash stamp set. I fussy cut them out and added some gel pen, glossy accents and glitter details.

Front of the card
I decided on a party photo design for the front of the card. I layered a piece of patterned paper on a white card base, then a stack of white polaroid frames on top. On one of the inside frame pieces, I added a blend of distress oxides and stamped a present (from another Lawn Fawn stamp set) for a fun pattern. I added four monsters and adhered the piece within the polaroid frames. To finish the front of the card, I stamped a greeting from Elphie Selfie.


Inside the card 
On the inside of the card, I first added a layer of light purple ink. I didn’t spend long blending as the messier the better for a monster card!

I die cut all the pieces for the pivot mechanism from a lightweight cardstock, using the Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up die set. I’ve found this to be better than the card I would normally use as it’s not too bulky and folds better. 


I used the same combination of colours for the scene inside, adhering more monsters and accessories. I love the Lawn Fawn sets for being able to mix and match different elements. They all work so well together.

For a big sentiment, I used the Altenew Simple Alphas set and a C&9th Double Cut Number.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

C&9th Double Cut Numbers

Lawn Fawn Monster Mash

Altenew Simple Alphas
ME Polaroid Fun
Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up


2 comments:

  1. Love this card! Perfect for any small child. Well done.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, colourful card! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team