Monday 24 October 2016

Colourful Autumn Leaves

Hello and happy Monday to you all :)

I hope you don't mind but I haven't put the Woodland Basics dies away from last week, I wanted to make an autumnal wreath and play with colour!! Yes I'm afraid it's another wreath... seems the best way to display 'all things foliage' ...

These leaves are probably a little more vibrant than you might find in the local woods but hey... we can dream right? I started by just adding lots of water to a couple of sheets of watercolour card and dropping in shades of yellows, oranges, reds and greens so they could blend and bleed a little into each other... and even some browns too. When they were dry I had great fun just cutting lots of leaves from both panels and a few acorns in the brown areas as well :) That's a whole lotta happy in that bowl *happy sigh*




Then I simply arranged all the pretty leaves into a wreath and glued them down before adding a sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings set....  a few splatters and a bow of twine.. autumn card done :)

Here's another card I made using some of the leftover watercolour card.... seemed to good to discard!!


I used a square frame which I'd stamped with this woodgrain pattern to adhere over a section of the die cut piece and then backed with a piece of vellum to contrast the rough texture on the card base. I popped a sentiment strip up and used one of the acorns and a few leftover leaves to embellish...


Well that was a colourful autumnal post.... can you guess it's my favourite time of year?? !!

   

Thanks for stopping by, catch you next week :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Those colours... <3 Wow! That die set is really fantastic, so versatile. Love your autumn wreath with that pretty sentiment and delicate splatters, and using the negative on the next card is so impactful. Gorgeous cards, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Beautiful colours and I just LOVE how you used the left over piece.
    Brilliant!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team