Tuesday 17 January 2017

Birthday Present with Mini Tag

I had an idea for a card featuring a birthday present and a mini gift tag. I searched through my craft stash but didn't have a present stamp big enough, so instead I got creative.


The stamp I chose is from the MFT Fall Florals stamp set. It's the flower stems image, but I thought it would work really well for what I wanted.

I chose some MFT ink cubes in blue colours, and stamped the stems image five times onto white card, going from dark to light ink. I made sure to remove the ink from any part of the stamp that I didn't want to use before stamping.

Next, I die cut some Mama Elephant Mini Tags from white card, and stamped a greeting from their Mini Messages set. The stamp set has a great range of mini sentiments, which perfectly fit on the tags.

To add the tag to the card, I used some Lawn Fawn twine. I also added a bow and more twine to the present.

As this was a fun and simple card to make, I recreated it with pinks and reds.


Thanks for joining me today.
Gemma


MFT Fall Florals
Mama Elephant Mini Messages

Mama Elephant Mini Tags
Lawn Fawn Twine
Lawn Fawn Twine




3 comments:

  1. Very creative and a fun idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea! So clever and creative. Love the ombre effect too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Good thing you didn't have a big enough present stamp - the best ideas come from improvising! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team