Tuesday 3 January 2017

Greenery - Pantone Colour of the Year

Hello, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Today I have a card based on the 2017 Pantone colour of the year, which is Greenery. It's a lovely fresh yellow-green, and is a calming, reinvigorating colour for the new year.

What better set to use for my card than the MFT Leafy Greenery die-namics!


To create the leaves, on watercolour paper I blended Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens (44 Light Green and 45 Pale Green) with a little water to create a wash of colour. I then die cut several leaves from it, using the MFT Leafy Greenery die-namics.

From an A6 piece of white card, I die cut an MFT Single Stitched rectangle frame to create a window. The background needed some colour, so I used the MFT Distress Patterns stamp set with some green inks to add paint splatter detail.

On an A6 card base, I blended on some light blue distress ink to show through the window when the card is put together. I arranged the leaves to sit within the frame and adhered everything down.

To finish the card, I added a sentiment using the MFT Label Makers stamp set.


Thank you for joining me today. I hope I've inspired you to have a go at making a card using the Pantone Colour of the Year 2017.

Gemma

MFT Leafy Greenery
MFT Distressed Patterns

MFT Rectangle Frames
MFT Label Maker Sentiments


Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens


3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely fresh card and it would be suitable for almost any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour <3 and I love the layout with the frame and splatters. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous colour and card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team