Monday 22 May 2017

BBQ Apron

Hi, it's Jenny here and I hope you all had a good weekend 😄

I'm back with some more Waffleflower fun today and an idea which could make a fun guys card... and don't forget Father's Day is next month too 😉


The latest release contained two great BBQ stamp sets and I thought the BBQ Sayings would look great on an apron shaped card!! 
I decided on a kraft coloured card for the apron and simply sketched the area to cut away on one side and then used that off-cut to draw around on the opposite side of the apron... that way the shape is symmetrical. For a background pattern I used the MFT Triple stripe background with white pigment ink..... any stripe or basic pattern would work just as well, you could even use a denim texture to give some subtle pattern.


I stamped, coloured and trimmed out the 'BBQ Star' image and a few utensils on white card before 
adhering them to the apron, the tools tucked nicely into a large pocket which has been cut using MFT's Stitched Dome Stax dienamics. 
I found a length of jute twine in my stash (I'm always hoarding stuff like this from clothing labels 😉) and used it to make the neck strap and ties for my apron. I used the trick of coating it with Multi Medium Matte to give it some stiffness and help shape and stick it in place.... it's like string-taming magic 😊😊

I'm quite pleased how it turned out and by having the fold down the side means the card stands quite well too.If you'd rather, you can easily download a free apron template from your computer or use a suitable shape die. 
Since making this card the Meat Up stamp set has unfortunately sold out but the utensils in Lawn Fawns Lets BBQ would make a perfect substitution instead.

                              
                                    

Thanks for stopping by, see you next week 😊
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Cool design, so clever and funny... I love it! Have a fab day Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Jenny!! Love it, such a clever use of the stamps and that apron looks so real. A big inspiration thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team