Friday 26 May 2017

Otterly obssessed.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I am going otterly adorable with a peek-a-boo window card...


...featuring the delightful Otterly Adorable from Mama Elephant.


I am otterly obsessed with these amazing creatures, they are soooo cute, sweet, and adorable and best of all...they hold hands with each other when swimming so they don't float away!!!  I mean...gaaaaah *heart bursts into a million pieces*  
So every time I see this sweet set, it just makes me smile and makes me want to ink it right up.

I've spoke before about how obsessed I am with my My Favourite Things Stitched Triple Peek-a-boo die and because there's a ton of different images in the Otterly Adorable set, all doing different things & swimming different ways, I thought it would work perfect to have a little group of them swimming along and 'peeking' through the windows.


It was a very simple card to make.  I started by colouring a piece of card in sea greens and blues to use as my background and, using the cloud border from Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio dies upside down, cut some waves from it.  I then stamped out all the images I wanted to use and clear heat embossed them so I had a raised edge ready to colour with my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens.  I used them with water to create a watercolour finish.  My sentiment is from the same Otterly Adorable set and is stamped out and heat embossed within the banner from Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blooms.  To add a little 'something something' to my sentiment banner I inked it up from the back in matching colours to background and waves.


I built up my little scene how I wanted it to look from behind the Peek-a-boo windows using wet glue and foam tape and embellished with a scattering of pretty clear sequins.
I adhered my vellum banner in place by placing a teeny bit of wet glue behind the most bold outlines and letters so that it is barely visible.


I really hope you like it and that these adorable otters make you as happy as they make me!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to stop by.

See you next week.

Jillx

Otterly Adorable    Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows Dienamic
 Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (48 piece set)  Penelope's Blossoms Image 1

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Jill. Those otters are so cute and the design with the frames works perfectly. I just love how their tails are poking out! <3 Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team