Monday 19 August 2019

Golden Classic

I made this card a couple of weeks ago for a friend who is a music fan and 
seeing as the fab Greatest Hits stamps and dies are now
 back in stock I thought I'd share it with you.

I love the Classic reference in this sentiment so I thought I should 
pair it with a golden disc in a frame...


I've cut the record from gold mirri card and used one of the sentiments for the centre. 
To add some extra background detail, I cut the Musical Cover Plate in black card 
and then used a few of the notes in a random pattern behind the disc.

 The sentiment is embossed in gold... top tip... do this before you attach the mirri card 
disc as it doesn't like heatguns!! 😉 ( I learn't the hard way!)


The Rectangle frame is also cut in Gold Mirri card and the whole piece mounted 
onto a card base which has red ink blended around the edges... Gold Mirri card and 
red are probably the two worst colours/textures to photograph 
and I've put them both on the same card!! 🙄

Lets just say it looks better in real life!

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team