Friday 13 December 2019

Tag Team Die Cutting

We've got a different sort of post today - Bev and I are sharing it - we both bought the Mod Link Dies from a recent MFT release so we thought we'd do a shared post showing how we used them differently!  For a pair of tiny dies they pack a big punch - have a look at what we made with them.....

Bev:



For my first card I have used the Mod Link 2 Die combined with the MFT Impact Alphabet Dies. The Mod Link dies are both 15cm in length, which is longer than my standard size card. So for this first card I have made a DL size card 10.5 x 21 cm, with a panel of white card 9.5 x 20 cm. 




The Mod Link is inlaid into the top white panel and I filled in some of the loops with coloured die cuts. This then inspired my next card...




Having die cut the Mod Link 2 Die from various off cuts of coloured card, I had lots of spare coloured petal shapes. These were perfect to create rainbow flowers around a black dimensional  adhesive circle.




I started by stamping the sentiment from Concord & 9th Everyday Greetings clear stamp set. I love the boldness and impact of these sentiments. I then used liquid adhesive to adhere the petals and add the small dimensional  adhesive circles to create the flower centres. 

Lastly, I used the Mod Link 1 Die to create this fun focal pattern accented with a sentiment from Concord & 9th Mistletoe Messages clear stamp set.




The Mod Link 1 Die was cut from black card, and against the white background creates a really striking pattern. I just love the 'with love' sentiment from Mistletoe Messages and it goes to show that this sentiment set isn't just for Christmas ;)



Tara

I really liked the chain and thought they would be brilliant for a paper chain decoration!


Now you're first thought might be that that's an awful lot of die cutting!   Well, I did it from 80gsm paper not card so I cut through 4 sheets at a time and had the red and gold on the machine at the same time side-by-side so it was only a few passes, cutting gold with The Mod Link 1 Die and the red with Mod Link 2 Die


One little dab of glue on the ends and a happy half hour in front of the telly and you've got yourself a chain to decorate your tree, wall or the traditional "over the mirror on the fireplace"!   We haven't had time to get our tree out yet, so for now I trimmed up my big plant in the hall!


When I had the bits die cut, I thought they would also make a pretty snowflake-like/star-like decoration.


I cut another 4 of each die just from the gold paper this time (you'll find the paper in the 50% off  DIY ornament kit from Hero Arts) and crossed them to make two 8 pointed star shapes (one from each die cut shape) and then I layered the two crossed over each other so they filled the gaps and make a full star shape.   I used a small die cut circle front and back to hold them together securely and finished with a large gem in the centre and some tiny ones on some points for added bling!


Again for now it's hung on my plant - but I'm going to make a few more to adorn my tree once we get it put up this weekend.

I had all the "eyelet" shapes that popped out of the middle left over and the gold paper is so pretty I didn't want to chuck it, so I made a card too.


I die cut another couple of the dies from teal card and then just pieced the pieces from each colour into the other and made a top and bottom border from them across a card deliberately hanging them off the edge so they paired with the "endless" birthday sentiment which comes from MFT's Birth-yay stamp set.


Hope you've enjoyed this double-take on these dies - its interesting to see how we both took them in completely different directions I think - maybe we'll do more of those posts next year!

Tara & Bev


1 comment:

  1. TOTO: Antony Sledgehammer - Titanium banger - iTanium Arts
    TOTO: Antony titanium chords Sledgehammer. TOTO: titanium tv apk Antony Sledgehammer. TOTO: Antony Sledgehammer. mens titanium earrings TOTO: Antony Sledgehammer. TOTO: Antony titanium dab tool Sledgehammer. titanium prices TOTO: Antony Sledgehammer. TOTO: Antony Sledgehammer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team