Tuesday 3 December 2019

Winter Getaway

It's my brother-in-law's birthday this week, and he loves his caravan, even in winter, so I thought it would be fun to create a winter getaway birthday card for him using the Hero Arts Camper Die as a focal point.

I started with a background blended with blue oxide inks directly on my base card and added some drops of water for a snowy feeling in the sky.  I layered over the Winter Forest die from Mama Elephant in white and added some textured white embossing powder to give a snowy foreground.

I die cut the camper but as it has openings for the windows I drew around the die to create a solid piece to go behind it.  I coloured with areas that would show behind the door and window with dark grey.  I painted the main die cut with the new metallic paints from Altenew in colours to match his caravan and stacked it over the solid piece once dry.

To give it a celebratory feel I strung a string of lights between the trees using the Build-A-House Christmas Add-on from Lawn Fawn.  The sentiment comes from Concord and 9th's Confetti Turnabout stamp.

Fun and easy make and a great way to use Christmas stash for non-holiday cards too!

Liz will be back next week and I'll be back on Sunday.

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team