Tuesday 27 June 2017

Say It With Wine

Happy Tuesday!

I'm having fun with glitter embossing on my card today. By adding clear glitter embossing layers to stamped images or die cuts, you can really add some sparkle and shine to your projects.


To start, I used the MFT English Brick Wall stencil and MFT grout grey ink to add some detail to a white card base. I used light blending to keep the background fairly subtle. Once that was done, I set the card base aside to work on the other elements of the card.

I die cut a wine bottle and glasses from the MFT Wine Service die-namics, then blended on some inks. I went for bright vivid colours as the rest of the card is more plain, and a black bottle label and top.


The die cuts need some glitter, and clear sparkle embossing powder is perfect for the job. As these are small die cuts, I adhered them to some low tack painters tape. By using tape, you have something to hold whilst heat embossing and keep your fingers from burning.


After adding to the tape, I used a Versamark ink pad to add the sticky ink to all the die cuts. I covered them with clear sparkle embossing powder, then heat embossed them. I repeated the process to add a second layer of embossing, which adds even more sparkle and dimension to the die cuts.

I left space at the top of the card for a speech bubble containing a sentiment, which I stamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed in the same clear sparkle embossing powder. I used foam tape to attach the speech bubble to the card base.


Finally, I added some sequins around the card for extra sparkle. I also made a second card with a different sentiment.


Thanks for joining me.
Gemma

MFT Stitched Speech Bubble Edges

MFT Uncorked

MFT Wine Service

Versamark

Hero Arts Sparkle Embossing Powder
MFT English Brick Wall Stencil






4 comments:

  1. Loving those colours! The brick wall stencil behind was a great idea. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice colouring!this Card makes me thirsty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards I love the sayings and the sparkle. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team