Friday 20 April 2018

3D Shaping with a Snowflake set

Hello! It's Keren back just for a visit, just filling in for Jill.




 I was digging through some of my sets and found this Hero Arts stamp set which is actually titled as 'Snowflake Pattern Bold Print'
It's a pretty cool snowflake pattern, but seems so completely versatile for all year round, that I thought I'd try and create something just a little bit more dimensional with it.First of all, stamp it and colour in. I've just used alcohol markers. Then trim out each hexagon and score straight down each point so you get the shape divided into 3. Fold and then trim up one of the lines stopping at the centre.

Then simply overlap one of the triangles and glue well and you end up with dimensional pentagon. These patterns now take on an almost Art Nouveau-stained glass-Tiffany lamp vibe ;-)
I just added a little wet glue along each bottom edge and held the shape in place for a minute until I knew it had adhered.


They take on an almost Limpet quality and are perfect for a contemporary card. Add some more masculine colours (or even leave it black, white and grey) and it'll so double duty as a 'man card'.
The sentiment is from another of my current favourite sets 'Just Because' by Concord and 9th



I hope you'll try giving your flat stamps a dimensional make-over. I'm certainly looking at them all with new eyes. And before you ask, yes, this will be a challenge to get into an envelope; I'm thinking shallow decorated box! ;-)

Thanks for having me and I'll be joining you again in a few weeks

Keren xx



1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of the stamp Keren, they definitely don't look like snowflakes now!. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team