Monday 30 April 2018

Typed Thanks

Hello there, Jenny here popping by for my regular Monday spot on this rather cold and windy day!!!

Retro style typewriters seem to be the thing at the moment, I had a toy one when I was a kid.... bright red plastic and made by a company called Petite. I'm not sure what happened to it but I'd love a proper retro grown up version now. Anyhow I couldn't resist the Typewriter die from Flora and Fauna and I've had this design in my mind ever since I saw it...


I die cut the typewriters in dark green and coral coloured card.... couldn't resist adding a touch of gold with the third which is unusual for me!! I trimmed a strip of copy paper so it would fit the feed slot and then added the wording from various Flora and Fauna sets and secured the paper behind the typewriters with glue.



I made a tall narrow card... a bit different and quite fun to change up the card shape :) I used a lined background stamp from Texture 4 to add some pattern behind the typewriters which helped the paper to stand out from the cream card base. Before adding the die cuts with foam dimensionals, I splattered on some metallic paint which gives a subtle shine to compliment the gold typewriter.


What do you think? I'm quite happy with how it turned out and you can easily
change up the text for any other occasion too :)

                                          

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team