Monday 9 April 2018

No Need for a Llama!!

Hello, helloooo :)

Jenny here again and I'm back to my love of puns today as the blog title suggests. I saw this sentiment on a card in a shop and just knew I could illustrate it with MFT's Llama Love stamp set for a family members 30th birthday card....


and then on the inside.....


I started by stamping the Llama onto white card and used Copics to colour him and his rug, adding final details with Polychrome pencils. I trimmed around his top half with scissors as I don't have the dies for this set which you could easily use for a partial cut technique. I continued a cut line to make a banner the width of the card and then added a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Celebration Countdown...... this stamp set is so useful outside of the Christmas season.


On the inside I've used the Llama that's looking forwards and altered his features by rubbing the ink away from his mouth and eyes before stamping the image. I used a pen to draw an open mouth and wide open eyes...... well, he is looking alarmed !!


The background is stamped with the Make Your Mark background to lift the plain card base with a tone on tone pattern. The Balloon is from the Birthday Chicks stamp set and I've used a couple of Lawn Fawn alphas for the sentiment inside and numbered balloon.

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team