Saturday 28 April 2018

Flowers on Kraft

Hey stampers, Anni here!

My favourite thing to put on a card are cute critters. But I also love flowers on a card and for most of the recipients flowers are more fitting than cute little bears or ducks and so on.


So I decided to go for flowers for today's card again. And the set I chose is Concord & 9th's Wildflower.
I stamped the flowers with a very light ink on kraft cardstock overlapping. There was no need for masking the flowers because I used such a light ink and the lines would be covered later.

For the colouring I used pencils. I used shades of pink and coral but also white to make the colours pop. I knew I wanted to die cut the frame from dark brown cardstock so I added this colour to the centres of the flowers.


For the frame I used Concord & 9th's Happy Card Frame Die. This is a really genius die: The frame doesn't cut all the frame but leaves a space where you can die cut then the word happy or a rose.
I went through my stash to find a "birthday" that would match the happy and found one in Lawn Fawn's Simply Sentiments.

What is your favourite subject to put on a card? Let me know.
Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!

Anni


      

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team