Saturday 22 December 2018

The last blog of 2018

We were rather busier than expected yesterday so I didn't manage to get my final blog post written up so I'm sharing it today along with a tiny bit of news.

We had our annual Book Club Christmas Dinner on Thursday night and my post is all the things I made for that for gifts and for the table.


I started with the cards and just wanted a quick but classy design I could replicate easily so opted for Concord and 9ths Joyful Noel die set - some red and green card, a bit of sparkly white and some liquid red pearls and you're good to go.  I finished with a white line border using a white pencil.

 



I opted for 3D place cards this year in the form of a tiny box reindeer from Lawn Fawn.  I used ground coffee and vanilla malt card stock with some glittery accents and then just printed the names on paper from my laptop and inked over it with distress oxide to make it red and glued it on the lid folding the edges underneath the inside.   Filled with tiny chocolates and it then becomes a take-away gift not just a name tag!


I also made them all a desk calendar using Concord and 9ths pre-printed sheets and just stamping onto them using their notable numbers and all season turnaround stamp sets picking a different colour for each month.  The die cut easel goes with it and enables it to stand.


All finished off by popping them in a simple gift bag - I bought an inexpensive set of plain silver (coloured kraft nothing sparkly) bags and just added a large die cut sentiment using red card backed with stick-it for mess free gluing!

Here's what the finished table looked like.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

The box of stock lost by DHL was located and delivered late yesterday.   We will sort it today and get the missing items in store.   You will be able to order them, but we won't be able to ship them now until 2nd January.

All that's left is to thank you for your custom this year, to wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the very best for a Happy and Healthy New Year.



Tara & Rick

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team