Friday 23 March 2018

Birds On A Wire

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I’ve got a string of sweet birds sitting on a wire...


...using Lawn Fawn’s superb Simply Celebrate.



I used this set last week and as I had it out was looking at it and thought, ‘wouldn’t it be brilliant if those little balloons fit nicely behind those little birdies as if they were holding them....’ and low & behold, they did! Those smart cookies over at Lawn Fawn think of everything!

So straight away a little scene popped into my head if a string of sweet birds sitting on a wire sending celebratory messages!


I started by stamping all my elements out; the balloons from Simply Celebrate and the trees from Lawn Fawn’s Joy To The Woods I stamped directly onto my base card, and the string of birdies I stamped onto a separate piece of card. I then coloured everything using my trusty Zigs for ease and speed. I fussy cut around my birds leaving a thin white edge that I then coloured to blend in with my background.



I then cut the thinnest piece of black card to act as the ‘wire’ the birds are sitting on, and Waffle Flower’s adorable Tiny Twine Bow to tie it to the trees. I stamped my sentiment, again from Lawn Fawn’s Simply Celebrate, onto my card and heat embossed in red.

I finished by adding a layer of Glossy Accents to my birdies beaks and my bright balloons, and there you have it.




I really hope you like it.



See you next week.



Jillx

Simply Celebrate Joy To The Woods Image 1

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set) Tiny Twine Bow Die Image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team