Saturday 24 March 2018

Hey There Fabulous Friend!

Hey stampers, Anni here!

It's snowing! AGAIN! At the end of March!!! It is supposed to be spring! It's unbelievable!

In another attempt to elicit spring I am making again cards with lots of flowers. A lot of die cutting and no stamping at all was involved.


I just recently bought Concord & 9th's Just Because Die set! I love it so much because it is so versatile and just perfect for masculine cards in my opinion (but I didn't make a masculine card today). The Just Because Stamp set is beautiful, too, and goes great with the die set but I haven't used it for these two cards.

I started by die cutting the flowers and leaves from watercolour cardstock several times - I used up all scraps of watercolour paper in my stash.
Then I pressed some different shades of Distress Oxide Inks (they will be available at Seven Hills Crafts soon - YEAH!) onto my craft mat and sprayed them with some water. Then I dipped all the die cut pieces into the puddles, let them dry and dipped them in again - this time chosing another matching colour.


For both cards I die cut sentiments from Concord & 9th's Fabulous Phrases. Again I die cut several ones to stack the sentiments up. This is an easy way to achieve some dimension.

For the card above I also die cut a scallop rectangle from Mama Elephant's All Prettied Up. On this rectangle I arranged a lot of flowers and leaves with the sentiment in the center. The card turned out a little bit wild and not the CAS style I prefer.

That's why I decided to make another card - and because I had still some leftover die cuts. The second card turned out really clean and simple. I just used three flowers, some leaves and a sentiment. For a finishing touch I added some gems and that finished up the second card.



Let me know which card you prefer? The simpler one or the one full of flowers? And please tell spring to come over when you meet it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Anni


      

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team