Tuesday 16 January 2018

Blue and White Brushstroke Blooms

My card today showcases the beautiful new Brushstroke Blooms stamp set from MFT. This is a layering floral set, with solid images, so it’s perfect for creating quick floral cards with a painted look.


My inspiration actually came from an oriental bowl I saw on an antiques programme the other evening! I love the look of blue and white porcelain, and thought a pattern of blue flowers and leaves would work really well on a card too.

I chose three colours of MFT inks - Blue Yonder, Cornflower, and Blueberry - and stamped clusters of flowers and leaves onto a white card base. I didn’t do any masking, just selective inking for the leaves so they didn’t overlap the petals.


I finished the card with a very simple sentiment banner and greeting, plus a few sequins.

If you wanted to make multiple cards with a patterned background, try stamping a larger sheet of card and then cutting it down to add to several card bases.


Thank you for joining me today,
Gemma

MFT Brushstroke Blooms
MFT Dye Ink - Blue Yonder
MFT Dye Ink - Cornflower
MFT Dye Ink - Blueberry



4 comments:

  1. lovely card, I was looking for some blue inks, are they available in smaller ink cubes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yes, there are smaller MFT ink cubes available and that’s what I have myself. They are sold in mixed colour sets of 4.
      The Altenew ink cubes sets are also nice, if you want just a blue set.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team