Thursday 18 January 2018

Winter's Not All Bad Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

With the weather taking a turn for the shivery worst recently, it's hard not to long for the warmer climes of Spring. Yet, if we stop to think about it, there are a whole bunch of things about Winter to love. Cosy nights in front of the fire, your favourite soft woolly jumper, a rich mug of hot chocolate... Winter's not all that bad!

It's with that sentiment that today's card, featuring the Neat & Tangled Hello Winter set, was born:


I don't know about you but I'm feeling cosier already!


I heat embossed my sentiment block with clear embossing powder, then blended a few different colours of Distress Ink over the card. I love how the transition from blues to browns and greys gives a sense of warmth and cosiness as you progress down the front!


I heat embossed the main Winter sentiment with white and then with sparkly embossing powder. It doesn't show up well in photos but you should see the sparkle in real life! Some fine mist splatters compliment it perfectly!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Another lovely card. I bought this stamp set, but haven't had a chance to use it yet - I must out that right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team