Tuesday 23 January 2018

Year of the Dog

I’m ready to celebrate the Chinese New Year with my card today. 2018 is the Year of the Dog, so I got out the cute dog from the Mama Elephant Lunar Animals set, ready for some colouring.


I seem to be reaching for my Zig clean colour real brush pens more lately, as I’m enjoying watercolouring. I stamped the Dog with MFT Extreme Black ink, which is fine for watercolour. I can also recommend their black hybrid ink for using with your zig pens too.

I chose just three colours of markers - beige 72, dark brown 62, and light pink 26. I added a little of the beige colour first, blending out with water. I then dried the image with a heat tool and repeated this step 3 or 4 times to get a nice buildup and blend of colour. I then added a thin line of the dark brown around the edge, blending out with water again. Finally, I added some light pink to the cheeks and blended out with water to soften.

Once the image was dry, I added some black gel pen to the eyes, and some white gel pens dots to the cheeks.


For the background, I die cut a rounded rectangle from red cardstock. I used the MFT chevron stencil with versamark ink, then embossed the chevrons with clear embossing powder. I love the texture and shine this gives to the background. I added this to a white card base.

I stamped, in versamark ink, three of the lanterns from the Avery Elle Bunting stamp set. I embossed these with gold embossing powder. I used coordinating dies to die cut the strings and bows from gold metallic card. Unfortunately, the dies are out of stock currently, but the stamp set does come with string and bow stamps. By stamping and embossing these in gold on the background, it would give a similar look. Alternatively, some gold twine would look lovely too.

The year is die cut from gold metallic card, using the C&9th Double Cut Numbers. 


I added everything to the card, using either foam tape or liquid glue. To help ground the dog on the card, I added a grey oval shadow beneath him.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Avery Elle Bunting
Mama Elephant Lunar Animals
C&9th Double Cut Numbers


Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
MFT Oval Shadows Dienamics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team