Friday 19 January 2018

Fab-stract Watercolour Flowers

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got some abstract (well, that's what I'm calling it) watercolour for you...


...using Fab Flowers from Lawn Fawn.


If you're a regular visitor to our delightful blog you'll know I used the same set last week.  I've decided this is my 'new thing', and a way of getting more use out of my crafty stash.  I'm, (and I'm sure I'm not alone), like a kid in a sweetshop with my crafty goodies - spoilt for choice and too excited to play with everything all at once, so I tend to use a set then put it away never to be seen again for a long long time.  Well no more I tell ya.  So my new 'thing' is - I must make at least two cards with a set before it goes back in it's pack!  So this is the second outing of this beaut in as many weeks.
I was aiming for a kind of really loose, abstract watercolour effect with this design and the way I accomplished that was to use Distress Ink so the colours would react with water (Zig Clean Colour Markers would also work a treat), and, once my stamp was covered in ink, to spritz it with water before stamping it onto my card.  I don't think I'll ever fall out of love with the look of watercolour, and this technique is by far one of the easiest ways to achieve it.  I stamped out all my elements using the same technique, die-cut, and then built up a sweet bouquet adhering each piece from the back.  My background is My Favourite Thing's Sketched Chevron (literally one of my all time favourite stamps let alone backgrounds) which I clear heat embossed and add a wash of blue inks over-top.


I cut Lawn Fawn's Love Ya Border Die to use as my sentiment and added another couple of elements from the Fab Flower's to tie my design together.
I finished by adding a purple twine bow and embellished with a scattering of clear gems, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it.
As always everything I used is linked below, and I'll see you next week.

Jillx


Fab Flowers  Love Ya Line Border Die  Sketched Chevron Background Image 1







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team