Thursday 25 January 2018

XOXO Love Heart Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

Valentine's Day is right around the corner, believe it or not. And before we're overloaded with all the cheap sentiment that is on every aisle of every shop (at least it always seems that way to me!) I thought I'd make a start on a loved-up card or two to get ahead of the game!

I love letting the smaller stamps in a set have a turn in the spotlight. It might not always seem it, but those small stamps can be mighty! And it's even better when you can apply that to sentiments too. Today's card uses only the 'XOXO' stamp from the My Favorite Things Valentine Wishes set, proving that a simple sentiment can go a long way:


I think that little stamp has earned its keep, don't you?!


I stamped an entire card panel with the sentiment, then trimmed out a large heart shape to act as a mask. I sponged pink ink through it to create my focal point.


I decided the heart made more of a statement without the rest of the panel, so I trimmed it out and added it to a new card to finish. I might even use the negative piece for another design - waste not want not, right?!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Such a good way to make use of those often overlooked smaller stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team