Monday 29 January 2018

Yay for Cake!

Good morning..... Jenny here today hoping you have a good start to the week :)
I've finally got around to playing with my Concord & 9th turnabout stamps and one of them is the Sprinkles background which makes a fab card base for a calorie-free cupcake ;)



I started by making a 5" square sprinkle background using three different inks and only stamping three turns. Then I used Antique Linen distress ink to stamp the large cupcake from Winnie & Walter's Wish Big on watercolour paper so I could practice no-line colouring using Distress inks.


I've haven't tried no line water-colouring for a while... I find it a lot easier than using alcohol markers to do this technique. When all finished and dry, I cut around the cake leaving a slim white border.


The back piece of the card base is brown card which I scored to bring a strip around to attach to the front stamped panel which I cut down to a smaller size.  I used a scalloped edge die to turn the straight edge into a fancy border and gold embossed a sentiment from MFT's  Handwritten Happiness onto the sprinkle background. It's rather annoying when your card warps under the heat-gun but leaving it under a heavy book overnight helps to flatten it out a bit..... it's worth it though for that lovely golden lettering :)


                              

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team