Friday 21 July 2017

Chirpy Cheer All Year Round

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got some cute chirpy birds spreading some all year cheer.


Using the so so sweet, All Year Cheer from WPlus9.


I started with my background by cutting a panel using Lawn Fawn's Cross Stitched Rectangles and stamping out the large floral from Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blossoms, on either end then clear heat embossing.  I then masked off the edges and went in with the ink, blending a pink into an orange with a gentle blend in the middle creating an emboss resit where the flowers were stamped.  I then added a few flicks and splashes of each colour across my panel.


I then set about stamping out all my little elements I wanted to build up my scene.  This All Year Cheer set is made up of block images as oppose to lined images for you to colour.  Now I'll be honest, these build-up-block sets used to scare me a little but I really wanted to start using my inks for more than just blending, so stepped out of my comfort zone and tried this set, and I've gotta tell you, I LOVE it!  It's just so quick and easy with such a clean, neat, crisp and professional finish.  I will be investing in more like this for sure.  Once I had all my images stamped out, I cut using the matching dies.  I also cut a Stitched Circle Scallop Edge Frame from My Favourite Things as an anchor for all my elements, and also as a frame for my sentiment.


I stamped my sentiment onto some vellum and clear heat embossed, then cut into a circle slightly smaller than my scalloped circle and adhered beneath it. 
I then built up my entire scene using foam tape and wet glue.
I finished my card by adding a little drop of Glossy Accents to my little birdie's beaks, and matted onto green card to add an extra pop of spring zing colour and there you have it.


I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

All Year Cheer  Penelope's Blossoms Image 1 All Year Cheer Die

Stitched Circle Scallop Edge Frames DienamicsSmall Cross Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts






2 comments:

  1. So pretty and sweet! Loving those background colours and the cute birds :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team