Wednesday 5 July 2017

Wreath of roses birthday card with Lil'Inker Designs


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a birthday card using the beautiful Lil'Inker Designs Wreath of Roses stamps and die.


I started by die cutting and stamping the wreath. I then coloured it in with alcohol markers. Next, I die cut a square background panel using Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Square Stackables. I die cut a circle from the centre and set it aside to inlay later on. On the remaining panel, I used a T-square rules to mark off half-inch lines. I coloured these in using a black Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen for my own watercolour stripes.


Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Wreath of Roses set onto the circle I removed from the panel earlier, then inlaid it back into the panel and mounted them both onto a top folding card base. Finally, I adhered the wreath over the top using foam pads for dimension.


That's it for today - thanks for visiting!


      

8 comments:

  1. Esther, I like the combination of this flowerwreath with the big stripes!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Esther! I love it - and with the heat here today those flowers certainly look lovely and fresh!

    Di x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di! Lovely weather here too x

      Delete
  4. Wonderful card Esther! Love the bold stripes and beautiful flower wreath x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team