Thursday 27 July 2017

You're Fabulous Citrus Fruits Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

You may or may not have noticed, but fruit is a seriously big trend in papercrafting right now. You can't help but seeing fruit popping up all over the place - particularly Summer and citrus fruits! One of my favourite recent stamp sets in this theme is the WPlus9 Citrus Background Builders stamp set. I love that it's taken the hard work out for you when putting together a background!

I paired it with another recent favourite, the Aloha Friend stamp set by Concord & 9th, and came up with this baby:


I am seriously crazy about this card!


I stamped the large citrus cluster twice, once with a mix of yellows/oranges and once with a pale green. I used the same colours to add a light watercolour wash and some chunky splatters!


The sentiment building with the Concord & 9th set is so bold and striking! I stamped it with grey instead of black for a less stark look, and stamped a couple of yellow slices to frame it a little!


I thought I'd leave you with an aerial shot of the entire set-up. Kinda crushing hard on the photography of this one too!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love the graphic style of this layout, like a really cool poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and the photography is amazing too! I've already bought the citrus builders stamp set, but need the Aloha one now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team