Friday 3 November 2017

Me and My Yeti Gift Boxes

Hey stampers, Anni here!

You may have already noticed that I am totally into gift boxes - they make any gift better!
But what I  love even more are these super cute yetis by Mama Elephant! Let's be honest - the set Me And My Yeti has to be the cutest set ever! Don't you think?



I wanted to make some boxes for some crafty friends. So I started by die cutting Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Treat Box from patterned paper that I found in my stash.

Then I stamped both yetis three times as I wanted to make six boxes. I am not a fan of creating twice the same so I tried to make the boxes similar but each a little bit different. And I am a very slow crafter also. That's why I knew I had to keep the colouring to a minimum. I decided to keep the yetis in a light shade so I hadn't a lot of blending and shading to do.
I chose to colour them in a cool grey, a warm grey and a very light brown. To make them match the boxes I coloured the faces, the paws and the horns in the colour of the box.

After I finished the colouring I added some highlights to the cheeks with a white gel pen and deepend the black of the eyes with a black gel pen. Then the fussy cutting began (of course there are coordinating dies available, too).


As I wanted to give the boxes to some crafty friends I decided to use Altenew's Crafty Friends for the sentiments - just perfect for the occassion. There are so many great and cute sentiments in the set - I just love it.


What is your favourite stamp set at the moment? Let me know.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
Anni




      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team