Monday 20 November 2017

Santa's Delivery

Hi there and Happy Monday to you :)

I'm switching back to Christmas mode today and giving one of last years stamps an outing!! Waffleflower's Special Delivery is a smaller stamp set but still makes a big impact on a card. I thought I'd jazz up the image by adding my own bakers twine drawstring rope and use patterned paper scraps to make pressies to go inside...


I stamped the sack on brown card in brown ink and trimmed it out with scissors, I've used a linen texture background stamp from my stash to make the bag look like it's made of hessian but you could get the same affect with the Mesh or Scattered Surface background.

To add the bakers twine I cut slits following the image and used a needle to thread it through, leaving a length either end and tying a knots. When cutting the image out I trimmed off the ties down the side of the bag the best I could and used glue to shape and adhere the bakers twine in their place.


The gifts are simple squares and rectangles cut from scraps of patterned paper decorated with thread, ribbons and die cut bows .... it looks like someone has definitely been nice this year!!

I used one of the sentiments in the stamp set to decorate the bag and an oval shadow underneath it to ground it... it's a nice size to stand-alone on a card :)

           

Thanks for stopping by
 Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Your card is just perfect Jenny ! Love from France, Marjorie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team