Tuesday 28 November 2017

The Night Before Christmas

I’ve had a lot of fun making cards for Christmas these last couple of months. I really love the Little Agenda Santa and reindeer as they are so playful. The small size makes them quick to colour, which is definitely a bonus when making lots of cards.


I wanted to create a scene card, with Santa and his reindeer flying over the city. I chose to die cut a cover up frame from white card, then I coloured in the panels with distress oxides. 

I die cut an additional frame, then layered both onto a card base. This adds a little depth but not too much.

I added the top panel within the frame, along with the Santa in his sleigh and three reindeer, popped up with foam tape. I used a black fine-liner to draw in the reins.


For the panel at the bottom, I added some die cut buildings from the Mama Elephant City Sidewalks stamp set. I love the scripty sentiment stamps that are included in the set, which look like smoke rising from the chimneys. I heat embossed these in white on the panel, then added it to the card to finish.


I think this design would work well with a single stitched rectangle panel or frame too. 

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Mama Elephant City Sidewalks
Mama Elephant Little Reindeer Agenda


Mama Elephant Little Santa Agenda

MFT Essential Cover Up Vertical



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team