Saturday 23 June 2018

Dragon Wishes

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today is the birthday of a crafty friend of mine. And of course I wanted to make a card for her. As I know she really likes Mama Elephant's dragons I used the sets Me And My Dragon and Dragon Wishes.
I left the outside quite simple because I know I wanted to make a pop-up part on the inside.


I started by stamping all the images I wanted to use, coloured them with alcohol marker and fussy cut them. I also added some highlights with a white gel pen.
For the outside of the card I created a background on the middle of my panel by blending some light aqua ink. I also stamped fourties with the same ink (that's the age my friend is turning) to create a subtle effect. The numbers came from Lawn Fawn's Plan On It: Birthday .
Then I stamped the sentiment in black ink (from Mama Elephant's Dragon Wishes) and adhered a small dragon and a birthday cake from the same set.
And that's the inside of the card.


The pop-up part was easy to create because I used dies by Lawn Fawn. The mechanism is from the die set Stitched Hillside Pop-Up. You can't see this part on the photo because I covered it up with a die cut I cut with the Cloudy Hillside Pop-Up Add-On.
I added some coloured images from Mama Elephant's Me And My Dragon.


I really had fun playing with these stamps and dies and the dies madeit so easy to create a sky on the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni

      

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team